An American TV and movie actor, scriptwriter, producer, and director is Rainn Wilson. He became famous in 2005 with his excellent portrayal of ‘Dwight Schrute in ‘The Office’ the US version of the favorite British sitcom. Before getting fame, he strived for a decade to prove his talent without a proper platform.
He then got minor roles in television series like ‘Law & Order,’ ‘Six Feet Under,’ ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,’ ‘Entourage,’ etc. He also acted in movies like ‘Almost Famous,’ ‘House of 1000 Corpses,’ ‘America’s Sweethearts,’ etc. Finally, Wilson was recognized for his exceptional acting and distinguishing screen presence.
In the 2000s, he acted in movies like ‘My Super Ex-Girlfriend’ (2006), starring Uma Thurman, ‘Sahara’ (2005), starring Matthew McConaughey, ‘The Last Mimzy’ (2007), and ‘Juno’ (2007), starring Ellen Page, Jason Bateman, etc.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
- Full name: Rainn Dietrich Wilson
- Date of birth: 20th January 1966
- Place of birth: Seattle, Washington, USA
- Age: 56 years
- Nationality: American
- Horoscope: Aquarius
- Occupation: Actor, Director, Scriptwriter, and Producer
- Spouse/Girlfriend: Holiday Reinhorn
- Height: 6 feet 2 ins or 189 cm
- Weight: 84 Kg or 185 lbs
- Facebook: @rainnwilson
- Instagram: @rainnwilson
- Twitter: @rainnwilson
- Net Worth: $14 million
● On 20th January 1966, Wilson was born in Seattle, Washington, USA, to Shay Cooper and Robert G. Wilson.
● His father was an artist, author, and business consultant; he is the author of ‘Tentacles of Dawn a science fiction novel. Wilson’s mother was an actress and yoga teacher.
● Wilson went to ‘Kellogg Middle School’ and ‘Shorecrest High School.’ In high school, he played the bassoon and clarinet. He spent his teens playing ‘Dungeons & Dragons.’
● After graduation, his love for acting bloomed, and he attempted to pursue it. He enrolled at the ‘Tufts University and the ‘University of Washington to learn acting.’
● Wilson met Holiday Reinhorn, a writer, in an acting class in his college. In 1995 they got married near Kalama River in Washington. Together they have a son named Walter McKenzie Wilson. Presently, Wilson is residing with his family in Agoura Hills, California.
● His net worth is $14 Million. Mainly his source of income is his career as an entertainer.
● Wilson is quite active on social media, having 2.7M followers on Instagram and 4.4M on Twitter.
● He has also directed the sixth season of ‘The Cover-Up,’ three episodes of ‘The Office,’ the seventh season of ‘Classy Christmas,’ and the eighth season of ‘Get the Girl.’
● After ‘The Office,’ Wilson won more opportunities to show his talent with projects like ‘Monsters vs. Aliens,’ ‘The Rocker,’ ‘Bonzai Shadowhands,’ etc. Then he played the lead role of ‘Everett Backstrom’ in the Fox crime drama ‘Backstrom.’
Why did Rainn Wilson change his name?
To protest climate change, “The Office” star Rainn Wilson has changed his name to Rainnfall Heat Wave Extreme Winter Wilson. The actor made the
announcement in a Twitter video on Wednesday, just in time for the COP27 conference on climate change that is happening this week in Egypt.
Where is Rainn Wilson at this very moment?
Rainn Wilson lives in Los Angeles with his wife, the author Holiday Reinhorn (Big Cats), and their 2004-born son, Walter McKenzie Wilson. He grew
up in Seattle, Washington, but went to New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, where he got his diploma.
Rainn Wilson: Is he a hippy?
Wilson’s hippie parents brought him up in the faith. As an adult, he moved to the Hollywood Hills, but despite his acting success, he was unhappy
with his life. The actor’s spiritual journey brought him back to the faith he had as a child and led him to start SoulPancake.