Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer exam is a prerequisite for the Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer certification. This certification is a part of the requirement for Salesforce Certified Application Architect. Salesforce Certified Application Architect combined with Salesforce Certified System architect can earn you Salesforce Certified Technical Architect credentials which is the highest level certification of the Technical Architect track.
Following is an overview of Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer certification and its corresponding exam.
You’re a big-picture thinker and an in-depth problem solver. You take pride in designing systems that stand up to anything. You see issues before they become issues, even when scaling from one to a million customers. Salesforce Architects are the most trusted digital advisors and respected team leaders in the ecosystem. Are you ready to build the future of business? Start exploring Salesforce Architect careers.
Some Facts About Salesforce Architects
Average Salary depending on specialization (US Data)
New jobs posted in 2018 (US data)
Annual Growth Rate (last 5 years)
General Skills Required For A Salesforce Architect
- Customer Service
- Project Management
Technical and specialized skills For A Salesforce Architect
- Object-oriented development
- Knowledge of web applications, databases, and program languages
- System architecture
- API Integration
- Application design
- Business Process
- Data Management
- Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL)
Salesforce Technical Architects serve as executive-level strategic advisors who focus on business transformation with unrivaled domain expertise in functional, platform, and integration architecture. They communicate technical solutions and design tradeoffs effectively to business stakeholders and provide a delivery framework that ensures quality and success.
Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
About the Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer Credential
The Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Specialist is designed for architects, analysts, and administrators who want to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and capabilities to design secure, scalable security models on the Force.com platform. A Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Specialist should be fluent in communicating technical solutions effectively to technical stakeholders and providing a project delivery framework that ensures quality and success.
Here are examples of the concepts you should understand to pass the exam:
- Design a security and sharing model within Salesforce based on complex requirements
- Articulate system design considerations, benefits, trade-offs, and recommendations for a security and sharing model
- Describe best practices and when to use standard Salesforce functionality when designing to complex requirements
Audience Description: Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer
A Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer assesses the security and sharing requirements necessary to design secure, scalable solutions on the Salesforce Platform. The designer has experience designing and implementing complex security and sharing models as well as communicating the solution and design trade-offs to business and technical stakeholders alike.
The Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer has the following background:
- 3-4 years of Salesforce experience
- 2-3 years of experience with implementing complex security models in Salesforce
- Understanding security methods and data policies to support handling sensitive data
Typical job roles may include:
- Advanced Administrator
- Technical/ Solution Architect
- Advanced Business Analyst
A candidate for this exam would be able to the following without assistance:
- Describe the usage and implementation of sharing rules, both criteria based and ownership based
- Architect the appropriate object relationships given a scenario
- Articulate how Org-Wide defaults may impact a security model
- Describe how the Role Hierarchy may impact the decisions made when designing a security model
- Describe how Profile configuration may impact a security and sharing model
- Describe the fundamental concepts around role hierarchy, apex sharing etc to different levels of audience
- Articulate different security capabilities with respect to record visibility, CRUD based security, record level access and the differences between the three
- Describe the limits of declarative capabilities and when a more custom security solution is required with associated risks and limitations
- Articulate what Apex Sharing is and when it should be used
- Articulate use cases for complex sharing such as territory management or account teams should be used
- Articulate sharing set concepts in Customer & Customer Community Plus & Partner
A candidate for this exam will likely need assistance with the following:
- Off platform data security considerations
- Determine non-core platform data security considerations (eg. Appexchange) and other salesforce products (eg. Heroku)
- Determine what types of sharing are impacted in an LDV scenario
- Determine security requirements around certain kinds of data: PCI, PII, HIPPA, etc
- Articulate security concepts such as Least Privilege, Defense in Depth, and Failure Securely
- Public Group membership –> impact on Object Share table (rather than sharing to individual users)
- Describe how to implement apex managed sharing
- Deleting a record, what will happen to sharing
About the Exam
Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
Time allotted: 105 minutes
Passing score: 67%
Registration fee: USD 400, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
Retake fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center
References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
The Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer exam measures a candidate’s knowledge and skills related to the following objectives.
- Declarative Sharing: 76%
- Performance and Scalability: 7%
- Programmatic Sharing: 17%
Preparing For The Exam
For the preparation of the Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer (WI21) exam, ExamOut.co is a credible learning source. ExamOut.co offers the authentic training material for the Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer (WI21) exam which is a combination of PDF and Testing Engine. To ensure success, ExamOut.co braindumps are covered by a money-back guarantee. Compiled according to the guidelines provided by the Salesforce ExamOut.co training material ensures accuracy. By following the latest exam outline and ExamOut.co Training material, you can pass the Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer (WI21) exam that can earn you Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer certification.
CRM being an essential of modern business, is the largest segment of the software market. Salesforce is the undisputed world number 1 CRM software platform. This makes Salesforce being one of the most sought career platforms in the job market. Salesforce Architect is the key player in a Salesforce implementation. After passing the Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer exam you can earn Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer (WI21) certification which is a prerequisite for Salesforce Certified Application Architect required to earn Salesforce Certified Technical Architect which is an advanced level certification in the Salesforce Architect domain.