Many people suffer from life-threatening conditions like stroke, cancer, cardiac issues, nerve problems, and kidney problems. If one has been already diagnosed with such diseases, then it can be a part of their daily challenge in life. Apart from battling the disease physically and mentally one has to deal with them financially as well. These critical diseases can also lead to some financial burden on individuals and their families.
That is why; it is always sensible to purchase critical illness insurance which can cover the critical care of an individual or their family members. If one has decided to buy one such illness insurance, then they must look for certain features in that policy.
- Coverage for subsequent types of critical illness like stroke, cancer, cardiac diseases, kidney diseases, nerve-related diseases, and lung issues.
- There has to be a provision for psychiatric counseling as well so that one can recover well from the critical illness and go through the procedure with a strong and positive mind.
- The policy should offer a low premium with comprehensive coverage.
- In the case of critical illness insurance, there should be dialysis cover, pre and post-hospitalization cover, and coverage for organ donors.
- The claim settlement has to be hassle-free.
- Not everyone can go for a one-time payment. Hence there should be EMI options as well so that the policyholder does not face financial pressure.
There are plenty of benefits when it comes to buying critical health insurance. In fact, everyone should go for proper health insurance so that they can stay protected financially whenever a medical emergency arises. In the case of people who do not have many serious ailments, health insurance is needed which is suitable for them and will also cater to the costs that can arise because of such medical treatments. In case of critical health illness insurance, the adequate coverage to those critical care medical expenses is something which has to be a major lookout.
Here are some major benefits of buying such health coverage:
- They can cover the medical expenses that can go beyond hospitalization.
- These insurances cover expensive healthcare procedures.
- In-network hospitals, one can avail the facility of cashless claims instead of going for much cash handling hassles.
- There can also be tax savings.
What are the primary things that are mostly covered in proper critical illness insurance? Here are some prominent features that are included:
- Medical expenses of both pre and post-hospitalization.
- Coverage of inpatient hospitalization.
- OPD cover.
- Day Care treatment.
- Coverage if the patient is in the ICU.
- Coverage for alternative treatments, if any of them are needed.
- Cover for radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Annual health check-ups
- Scope of lifelong renewal.
Critical illness can happen to anyone. So, when buying a critical healthcare policy, one must see that the policy should be applicable to anyone and at any age. These days because of stressful lifestyles and unhealthy habits a lot of people are open to serious illness even at an early age. This particular health policy is beneficial for:
- Individuals who already have a family history of critical illness. If that is hereditary then there is a high chance of risk in the individual and that is why they must go for a safety cover.
- If one is the only earning member in the family then these insurance policies can help them to get a kind of financial security.
- According to medical research, women have an increased case of cancer and that is why they must go for a policy which will keep them protected on such risks.
- Once one reaches the age of 40, it is time to get covered with a critical health insurance policy because as one grows old the chances of getting hit by a critical disease also increase.
A regular health policy is something that is a must when it comes to individuals because it can help one to deal with medical issues when challenges and obstacles. A regular health policy can benefit one any day but when it comes to situations of critical health issues, then the critical healthcare policy is a necessity.
One can go for Care Insurance policies when it comes to critical illness coverage because it can help them to deal with the high medical bills. It is a safety cover that can keep one financially secure in the best possible way as it provides maximum protection to an individual and their family members during the time of crisis. Comprehensive protection coverage is supported here and while purchasing the policy and claiming for it, one does not have to face much hassle. In case of any queries, there is constant customer support as well.