Doug Savant is an actor from America, well-known for his roles in ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives as Tom Scavo and in the Fox prime time soap opera Melrose Place as Matt Fielding. He appeared as a guest in the films: Crime Scene Investigation, Firefly, The Outer Limits, JAG, NYPD Blue, Nip/Tuck, and Profile.
In 2004, Doug acted in the ABC comedy-drama series, Desperate Housewives as Tom Scavo. In 1995, Doug was nominated for the Golden Globe Awards for Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series, or Films Made for TV and his prominent role in Melrose Place.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
Full name: Douglas Peter Savant
Date of birth: 21st June 1964
Place of birth: Burbank, California, U.S
Age: 58 years
Spouse/Girlfriend: Laura Leighton
Height: 5 feet 10 ins or 178 cm
Weight: 84 Kg or 185 lbs
Net Worth: $ 3 million
● On 21st June 1964, Doug was born Douglas Peter Savant; in Burbank, California, U.S.
Doug is a graduate of St. John Paul II STEM Academy and the University of California.
● Doug has married twice. His marriage was with Dawn Dunkin Savant. The couple got
hitched in 1983 and divorced in 1997. He moved on in his life and married again with his
current wife, Laura Leighton, in May 1998.
● His wife is an actress. She is famous for her primary roles in the TV series Melrose Place
as Sydney Andrews, where she co-starred along with her husband.
● She got recognized for her roles in Freeform’s series Pretty Little Liars (2010–2017),
where she characterized Ashley Marin.
● Doug and Laura have two children: Jack Savant (born on October 10, 2000) and Lucy
Savant (born on June 9, 2005).
● Besides, Doug has two kids from his marriage with Dawn: Arianna Savant (born on
January 17, 1992) and Madeline Savant (born on July 20, 1993).
● He was so young when he started his profession. His first TV appearance was in Secret
Admirer and Teen Wolf, the teen comedy films in 1985. Then he appeared in the horror
film Trick or Treat.
● Doug had a recurring role from 1986 to 1987 in Knots Landing, the CBS prime-time soap
opera, as a younger version of Mac McKenzie (played by Kevin Dobson).
● In 1988, Doug co-starred alongside Kim Cattrall and Rob Lowe in the erotic thriller film
Masquerade. He starred as Matt Fielding in Melrose Place, the Fox prime time soap
opera, after which he came to the limelight.
● Moreover, in the first two seasons, Doug plays the role of a gay social worker, and his
wife is Jane’s problematic younger sister Sydney Andrews.
● He also played in the monster film Godzilla in 1998, playing Sgt. O’Neal.
● Savant has a net worth of $3 million. Mainly, his source of income is his career as
Q: Are Doug Savant and Laura Leighton still married?
Doug was born in Burbank, California, USA, on June 21, 1964. He is an actor who is known for Desperate Housewives (2004), Godzilla (1998), and Trick or Treat (2001). (1986). The two of them have been married since May 2, 1998. There are two kids.
Q: What brought Savant and Laura Leighton together?
The couple met when they were both on Melrose Place in the 1990s. They got married in 1998. Even though they met on a Fox show where he played a gay social worker and she played a sneaky call girl, they didn’t start dating until 1997.
Q: How long has Doug been on Days of Our Lives?
On the American soap opera Days of Our Lives, Doug Williams is a made-up character. Since 1970, Bill Hayes has played him on TV. Hayes has kept coming back as Doug since 1999. Most of his appearances have been around the holidays.