Everything You Want To know About Ben Koldyke
Ben Koldyke is an actor, writer, and director from America, well-recognized for his appearance in 'How I Met Your Mother.'
Ben Koldyke is an American actor, director, and writer. He used to teach football classes and was an English teacher at High School. He has made his outstanding appearance on series like ‘How I Met Your Mother,’ ‘Big Love,’ ‘Back in the Game,’ and ‘Mr. Robinson’.
Ben is most famously known for his role in How I Met Your Mother, abbreviated as HIMYM. It is an American sitcom produced by Craig Thomas and Carter Bays for CBS. The series, which ran from 2005 to 2014, follows the main character, Ted Mosby, and his friends in New York City’s Manhattan.
Additionally, the show was presented for 30 Emmy Awards and won ten. In 2016, Ben acted in Donald Bangs in ‘The Finest Hours,’ the historical drama-thriller film. He recently played the role of Ben in the series ‘Silicon Valley.
Quick Facts and Body Statistics:
- Full name: Benjamin Koldyke
- Date of birth: 27th March 1968
- Place of birth: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Age: 54 years
- Nationality: American
- Horoscope: Taurus
- Occupation: Actor, Director, and Writer
- Spouse/Girlfriend: Not Available
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches or 187.6 cm
- Weight: 85 kg or 187 lbs
- Instagram: @benkoldyke
- Twitter: Not Available
- Net Worth: $7 Million
Further details about Ben Koldyke
● On 27 March 1968, Ben was born in Chicago, Illinois, the USA, as Benjamin Koldyke.
● Ben’s father, Martin J Koldyke, is a former investment banker, and his mother, Patricia Blunt Koldyke, was a school teacher.
● He has 3 siblings, namely Elizabeth Koldyke, Laird Koldyke, and Carl Koldyke, and belongs to the Caucasian ethnicity. He went to New Trier East High School, Winnetka, Illinois. In 1991, Ben got his bachelor’s degree in English from Dartmouth College, New Hampshire.
● He began as a football trainer and a high school English teacher in Chicago. After Ben found his interest in acting, he changed his mind. Ben started his acting career from the show ‘Boldly Going Nowhere,’ but he did not respond positively.
● Then, he played the repetitive role in the drama series ‘Big Love’ as a Dale Tomasson. Later, he appeared in ‘How I Met Your Mother’ as a Don Frank. The series was loosely incited by Thomas and Bays’ friendship when they both lived in New York City. Among the 208 episodes, there were only four directors: Pamela Fryman (196 episodes), Rob Greenberg (7 episodes), Michael Shea (4 episodes), and Neil Patrick Harris (1 episode).
● Ben made his appearance in a leading role of Lee Standish in 2012 in ‘Work It,’ the ABC sitcom. He performed in another ABC sitcom, ‘Back in the Games, in 2013.
● In 2015, he portrayed the role of Jimmy Hooper on the sitcom ‘Mr. Robinson’.
● On November 14, 2014, Ben got engaged to his wife, Maggie Lawson, and they tied the knot on 8 August 2015 on their New Mexican ranch. The first time they met during the show ‘Back In The Game,’ Maggie was younger than Ben by 12 years. The two could not hold their relationship and file for divorce in early 2017.
● Ben has gathered plenty of wealth from his career. His net worth is $7 million.