Crockpot Pollo Diablo con Arroz (Devil Chicken with Rice) Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 35 minutes
Serves: 4-8 people
- Boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 8 oz. sour cream
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cup hot sauce
- Jasmine rice
- Rice Cooker
1. Gather all ingredients to cook. Prepare bowl for ketchup, sour cream, honey, and hot sauce. Set separate bowl aside for chicken tenderloins. Cut tenderloins into small pieces.
2. Set out measuring cup and spoon. Put 8 ounces of sour cream, 1 cup of ketchup, 1 ½ cups of hot sauce and ¼ cup of honey into mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together with spoon or whisk.
3. Pour half of sauce into crockpot, reserving other half for rice. Place cut-up tenderloins in crockpot on medium for roughly 20 minutes. Check and stir chicken every few minutes.
4. Add 1 ½ cups of water per 1 cup of rice into rice cooker. Let rice cooker do its thing until food is ready. Prepare a bowl or plate.
5. After rice is fully cooked, put rice onto plate or bowl. Put cooked chicken on top of rice and use other half of sauce to coat.
6. Garnish with cilantro for decoration. Enjoy!
This recipe is a twist on Deanna Passero Suppes’s recipe on allrecipes.com.
Most of the cooking in this recipe can also be done using an oven or stove. For extra flavor, add half a teaspoon of garlic powder (or onion powder) and cumin.